Wednesday 30 November 2011

Models Own Nude Polish Swatches

I've been meaning to do swatches of my Models Own polishes for a while so here is the first of a few posts. I actually have a bit of an addiction as I just can't stop buying nail varnish! I even switched on QVC at the weekend when they were doing an O.P.I special!

So, I thought I'd start with the Nudes. I bought the Snow White during the 50% off sale. They'd actually sent me Moody Grey by mistake instead of the Snow White, but they were very lovely and let me keep it and sent along the correct polish - wasn't that nice!?

I find that with the lighter shades from Models Own they can be a bit watery so require a few coats. I don't recommend them for toe nail use. My experience has found that they just look awful no matter how many coats you apply. I must say I'm not really sure why I purchased the Snow White as I can't really see myself using it. I came across some gorgeous nail art that I wanted to try out, but previous attempts have been a bit of a disaster! 

Utopia is, again, very watery and looks a lot nicer in the bottle than on my nails. I haven't worn it for more than 5 minutes before I take it off again and apply a different colour. As you can see in the picture, it looks a bit of a mess, and thats after multiple reapplications and going round the edges with a cotton bud. 

Nude Beige, however, is a different story. This is by far one of my favourite nail polishes ever! It applies so easily and only needs one coat and I love the colour. It's really understated and sophisticated. I will definitely reinvest when it runs out.

 

 



                             Models Own Snow White                                                           Models Own Utopia


Models Own Nude Beige *Favourite*

No comments:

Post a Comment