Saturday 20 August 2011

My first Outfit Post

After going for a drink after work last night, Jack and I decided to go home and get changed and head back into town. It's so handy living in the centre of Cheltenham as everything is literally on your doorstep.  Growing up in Cheltenham, I really didn't appreciate how great the town is. The architecture and green spaces in the centre are just stunning, and there are so many great bars and restaurants. 

We headed to Montpellier and heard some Jazz music in the distance so we followed the sound and came across a lovely wine and whisky bar called John Gordons. We wandered in and asked for a wine menu, but instead were asked which colour and taken to a wall of wine. We chose a gorgeous bottle of Malbec and sat outside where a 3 piece jazz band were playing everything from Led Zeppelin to James Brown. I felt like I was in a romantic European city, not in Cheltenham town centre. A lovely hidden gem and we'll definitely be returning.

I'm trying to get used to this whole taking photos of myself. It feels a bit vain and egotistical but I'm just going to go with it! I'm hoping that through this blog I'm going to develop my own sense of style. I've never really felt that confident with clothes abduction always like I was guessing at what looks good. I always see clothes that other people are wearing and get major style envy. This is mainly due to the fact that the whole way through Uni and living in London I couldn't afford to buy clothes and I haven't quite mastered the Charity/Thrift shopping technique that so many others have. I know that I need to start visiting Charity shops as I see so many people and bloggers with beautiful vintage pieces that they've found for bargain prices in the local Charity shop. In the meantime, I've been enjoying having an exposable income for the first time and have been treating myself and my wardobe. I do need to be careful though as I'm meant to be saving as much of it as possible.

I don't think I've explained yet, but the reason we're back in Cheltenham in the first place is because Jack has started working here. Both of our families are from Cheltenham and its actually where we met. I was completely fed up of London and my job, and Jack was only there two days a week so we decided just to move back. It was rubbish having to live apart, as we'd already done it for a year when Jack worked in Milan/Switzerland and was only home at the weekends. We had 5 months of him working in Slough and living at home before he was put on the project in Cheltenham. It basically means that we get to enjoy living together and rediscovering our hometown. It does mean that I should be taking this opportunity to save, but 5 years of desperately wanting to splurge on clothes and not being able to has finally been unleashed and I need to be very cautious that I don't go too crazy!

So here it is, my first outfit post! Sorry for the poor photo quality - this will hopefully improve in time!



Dress: Motel
Belt: Topshop
Handbag: Etui (Topshop Concessions at Oxford Street)
Shoes: New Look

Update; Here is a picture of John Gordon's that I managed to take last weekend (02.09.11)


No comments:

Post a Comment